Mid-level Position Available
Realm Digital is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our dynamic team on a 12 month contract.
As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation of individual applications on the client's platform according to industry standards and architect guidance.
What will my day-to-day key responsibilities include, but not be limited to:
- Work on-site at a corporate client as part of a mixed Realm Digital/client team
- Develop data pipelines for technical specifications as provided by Data Architects
- Implement pipelines within agreed timelines
- Perform unit testing from a pre-defined test plan
- Provided implementation instructions for new development
- Provide production support to production systems (stand-by)
- Conduct investigations and solve system issues
- Prepare production deployment packages
- Ensure coaching and mentoring to other team members
- Participation and proactive problem-solving to meet team objectives
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12
- A relevant tertiary qualification (degree/diploma) in IT (i.e. 1 year focused development course with CTI) with 3 years’ proven experience in software development.
- The incumbent will be required to work overtime, weekends and be available on standby when required and be contactable
- Own reliable transport and valid drivers’ license would be preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive, market-related salary
- You’ll enjoy being part of our strong team culture
- Working in a team who is passionate about technology and delivering an excellent end product
- An opportunity to work on exciting projects that will challenge you
- Free Friday lunch, enough said!